Friday, February 15, 2013

Great Lakes Conway's Irish Ale


A reoccurring Spring seasonal from our friends at Great Lakes Brewing Company. I figured with St. Patrick's Day coming up I should try this Irish Ale.  I have been very impressed by other brews by Great Lakes in the past such as the Erie Monster, Nosferatu and Black Out Stout (All Four Packs).  

When poured into a nice chalice glass, it looks a lot richer then I originally expected. There is not much on the aroma, just some light malty bread and slight hints of caramel. It is an very smooth beer (very reminiscent of a lager) but with a light German sytle hop bitterness. To be brutally honest, this is not really my style of beer and I did not enjoy this one. I think it is pretty accurate for the style but unless your looking for something neutral and flavorless to wash down some corned beef and cabbage, I would pass on this one. 

Personal Rating: 5/10
Style Rating: 9.5/10

Wanna try it now? Order it online at:
https://www.whitehorsewine.com/proddetail.php?prod=704361990245

No comments:

Post a Comment