Saturday, January 19, 2013

Dogfish Head | 60 Minute IPA

Poured into a Dogfish Head snifter, 60 Minute has a crystal clear golden amber color with minimal white head. The aroma hints at bitter hops but mainly features a sweet, buttery, and bready malt. The flavor, while similar to the aroma, has more hop flavor, but is more akin to the east coast and british style of IPA: Bitter, pine, grass, and grapefruit.

What I feel this beer lacks in complexity, it makes up for in drinkability. 60 Minute is very easy to put down, and I could see myself finishing this six pack tonight.

There's nothing I really dislike about this beer, it's just that there are so many better IPA's out there. And I'm tired of all the Dogfish Head hype. Putting down the haterade… 60 minute is one of their reasonably priced beers, and represents the style well. While I might not want to buy this at a liquor store, if I saw it on the menu at a bar/restaurant, I would be very excited to get a pint. Ya feel me?

Personal: 6.5/10
Style: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment